Sunday, November 04, 2007

I <3 Free

Back in April shortly after our kitchen renovation was finished, I went on a quest for a new kitchen table. Well, the furniture store happened to be doing a promotion where if you bought certain furniture items the store would reimburse you the amount paid if the Red Sox won the World Series. I don't think I've ever rooted for a sports team like I rooted for the Red Sox this past season. I became a sleep-deprived zombie along with my hubs just to watch the post season games. And lo and behold, they won the whole thing!
Last week I found the receipt from the table purchase along with the form that I have to send in to get my rebate... and then I found another receipt for a mattress purchase. I had forgotten that we actually bought a mattress during that same trip to the furniture store. So we're getting refunded for that, as well! Life is good.

7 comments:

Annibelle said...

Wowzers! I'd heard about that promotion and thought "Wow, this guy is ballsie (sp?)"

Good for you! And here I was happy to get some free flowers from WholeFoods and free tablecloths for Stella and Jaeson's wedding.

Kudos to you!

yellowinter said...

OMG!!! i vaguely remember that commercial. i wonder how much they lost for that promotional gig. wow, that's amazing!

vivian said...

i actually was thinking about that on my way back to ny.. that's crazy!!! i wonder if they're going to do that again next year. i wonder what the chances are next year and what the chances WERE for this past year. doesn't the table look even better now that it was for free?!

Allie said...

what a great surprise!! congrats!!:)

Beannie's Log said...

Nice!! Free things are the best!

Still sore that the Phillies didn't even get past the first round of the playoffs, but I'm just happy that they won the East Division and that the Rockies didn't win. :)

Jin C said...

I wonder if they'll do the same for the NE Pats?

jwk said...

Wow... what a deal! That is awesome. I don't really love the Red Sox, but I kept thinking of your kitchen table whenever I saw the Sox winning. Also, the way they wiped the Rockies goong-daeng-ee, I'm glad the Phillies didn't make it. It would have been a tough series to watch if the Phillies were playing the Sox.

Post a Comment