I've been the blogging delinquent, but I had to write something about my birthday before too much time had gone by. I turned thirty this year... which I'm completely OK with. Because isn't 30 the new 20, now that the new 40 is 60? I'm using a graduated scale of course. And I keep reading and hearing everywhere that women start to feel self-confident and comfortable in their own skin in their 30's. I don't really agree with this, but maybe it's something I can look forward to.
So I wasn't expecting much in terms of a celebration for my milestone birthday, because no one really wants to see a pregnant lady partying it up. But my hubs knew that I wouldn't be completely content celebrating with just him and GMK at home (which we did, as well.) Anyway, he ended up surprising me with a nice (not too big, not too small) birthday dinner with a bunch of friends in New York. I was sincerely surprised, and shocked that KCK had it in him to keep it a secret. He's the worst at secrets and puts his foot in his mouth all the time. But this time, he totally pulled it off. We went to a nice Mexican restaurant where we were led upstairs to our table. I was really hungry so I kept looking at the food on the other tables as I walked by. I was commenting on how the freshly made guacamole looked really yummy, when I looked up and saw a bunch of my friends as they shouted, "Happy Birthday!" Yup, it was happy, all right.
6 comments:
oh, that's so sweet~ you guys are so sweet, both of you. didn't you surprise him here in philly couple years ago? i'm sure you were surprised, esp seeing all the faces from elsewhere too.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Happy birthday! Glad you had a good time! You have a really good husband there!
Aw, I'm glad you had a happy and special night, B!
Happy belated birthday and an uh... (early), early merry Christmas!
happy birthday! I called CH on that day, but totally forgot about her birthday...I'm a bad sister... CH had her baby boy yesterday. They are doing well. Are you ready?
Love you!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad it made you happy. I hate that you are such a hot pregnant lady and you still look like you're in your early twenties. I agree, the 30 is the new 20. When I turned 30, I was content about it. It wasn't as horrible as I thought it would have been. Can't wait to see you all...
yup! you still got it!!!! xoxo
Post a Comment