Last night, I couldn't fall asleep. I'm sure some of it was hormonal, but every time I closed my eyes, I kept thinking over scenes from our latest TV addiction, "The Wire." On a recommendation by my sister and bro-in-law, we watched the 1st season of the HBO show and were hooked from the start. We're now on season 3 (I think there's 5 seasons now) and we're starting to talk like the characters, and everything I see on the street reminds me of the show. For example, when I see a police car, I'll proclaim "Five-O! Five-O!" to try to get KCK to slow down a bit. Totally dorky, I know, but it just can't be helped.
The show can be a little overwhelming with the drugs, murder, cursing, and sex, but that's HBO for you. So if you're looking for an honest-to-good drama to watch (most def w/o your kids,) I highly recommend "The Wire."
My other new addiction is ice cream. I've probably gained 5-10 extra lbs. because of ice cream consumption alone. I've vowed to cut it out after having the baby. It's not even an option- must do it.
6 comments:
dude. that's WORSE than being addicted to korean dramas. i don't know if i can do it. what is five-o anyways??
Hmm, I heard good things about the show too. Don't know if I can add another show to my list, since AI is on so many hours per week!
Yeah, I've been craving ice cream type things too. Last night I had a delicious creamy Frappucino from Barnes & Nobles. I should have gotten a bigger size since Nathan drank a quarter of it!
hbo does make very good shows... entourage... sex and the city.. big love... I never got into the wire actually never saw it... wish I had. Now, we have no more HBO. I'll netflix it... really 5 seasons... are you buying the seasons... maybe when we go up... we can have "the wire" nights. hahahah
Ice cream... YUMMY!!!!
five-o is the PO-lice. do you eat ice cream while watching "the wire"? two addictions at once! i wish i could watch everything all over again. with ice cream.
i'll be sure to stay away from the wire. can't afford another addiction. ice cream craving, eh? i wonder if GMK's sister will love ice cream later. :) wow, it's already feb. next month, eh? maybe we'll get to meet her. we may come up for a visit end of march. :)
There is absolutely nothing wrong with ice cream :) But since my metamorphosis into a healthy exerciser/eater, I've discovered that frozen yogurt at Toscanini's is pretty good (it's hard, not soft). And my new new new obsession....Yo Berry's yogurt with mochi dduk on top (in the Super 88 food complex). We have to eat there every Sunday after church. Better than PinkBerry.
Post a Comment