Thursday, January 17, 2008

Princess Addict

What is it about those Disney princesses that make a toddler eat her dinner, pick up toys, and just plain jump up and down for joy? We recently introduced Cinderella into her movie repertoire for our holiday trip down to Philly (the grandparents don't have DVR to record her Wiggles and JoJo) and now she's completely nuts about princesses. She has to watch Cinderella multiple times a day and she sings along to the songs. I vowed that my children wouldn't be into princesses because they are the epitome of helpless girliness, and I certainly don't want them to expect some handsome prince to sweep them off their feet and have a happily ever after. Nothing wrong with having a savior, but let's face it, there's only one true Savior and He doesn't clean up your life in the worldly, fairytale sense. But somehow, we got sucked into the whirling vortex that is Disney, all things pink, and tiaras. Uy. Unfortunately, I'm actually enjoying the "babysitting" time the movie offers. I've become an addict, too, I suppose.

--------

On the preggers front, I feel HUGE. I weigh more now than I ever did with GMK, and I still have 7 more weeks to go. What's a girl to do? I've been a little lax about going to the gym this time around. I'm looking forward to being able to seriously exercise afterwards. I'm actually contemplating training for a half marathon. But the time that you have to put in to do that is daunting. We'll see. Saying it and actually doing it are two completely different things.

6 comments:

vivian said...

dude. do that 1/2 marathon! i can live through you!! i can barely run 2 miles.

i cannot believe gmk is turning into the pink princess girl. i honestly thought she was going to be sort of a tom boy! i don't know why.. she is so fiesty!

tell her vivi says hi and that i miss her!

Beannie's Log said...

I know what you mean about the huge feeling, but I'm sure you look great. And I'm sure you'll lose the pounds quickly....wow, half marathon...just doing 2 miles for me is quite enough!

yellowinter said...

wow, GMK and princesses, eh? i thought that she wouldn't be into that too much for some reason like prooner. :) weird how kids gravitate toward those things, huh? N is totally into trucks and cars, anything that has a tire, i guess. :) now, is she going to be asking for a barbie? ;)

Allie said...

It's okay. Emma never was into the princesses but Jadyn is sooooo in love with them. Jadyn too loves Cinderella. It's fate... GMK and Jadyn are bffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

So do the 1/2 marathon. It'll be a great experience... and like prooner said... I'll live through you too.

At least you are smaller than me and you have 7 weeks left... Yikes i can't imagine how much I'll gain at the end of my pregnancy. I've cut out sweets (chocolates, soda, etc) hope that'll do me some good.

jl said...

we stopped letting AL watch Cinderella and Little Mermaid. However, she still loves all of the Disney princesses. Ugh!

jwk said...

hmph. i really didn't think G would go for the princess thing. i thought she would be like her ee-mo EMK (or was that you?) and like tonka trucks? well... IF you do the half marathon, i'll do it too. i dunno. maybe i should be like everyone else and just live through you...

Post a Comment