Thursday, January 10, 2008

Cranky Girls

A fair warning: I'm just going to rant about some insignificant things right now. Nothing interesting- just need to get it out there for sanity-sake. So if you have anything better to do, just ignore this post.

There are 2 very cranky chicks in my house today- namely, GMK and myself. This week feels like an eternity because last week was so short due to New Years. And KCK has been away all week. Up until yesterday I was handling things pretty nicely, but GMK started melt down. When I dropped her off at school, she got all teary-eyed and asked me not to leave. She has NEVER done this. It has been eight months of happy dropoffs, and all of a sudden she's clinging onto my leg as if I'm about to sell her off. She was like that today, too. Every thing she says is in this half crying/whiny demanding voice.

I started to lose it last night when, after making a cake with GMK, she threw a tantrum that her piece of cake broke. (She "broke" it herself when she stuck her fork in.) Then I gave her a less than satisfactory piece and she accused me of breaking it. She proceeded to bang her fork against the newish (free!) kitchen table and leave a scratch.

Then, she crawled into my bed at some point in the night. When I thought she was asleep and tried to move her, she wriggled and wriggled so I couldn't get a good grasp of her legs. Too tired to fight, I let her sleep in my bed. But this morning, after a few jabs in my ribs and waking up to feet in my face, I regretted giving in.
I know it's part hormonal because every little thing is setting me off.

For example...


All week, there has been some kind of utility work going on a couple houses away. While driving by extra slowly today, the police officer standing there actually told me to "move on" (w/ an obnoxious tone) as if I was eavesdropping on some secret road worker conversation... as if I didn't understand his traffic gestures... as if the speed limit isn't 25... as if he wasn't asking me to blow through a Stop sign... as if I wasn't trying to be a good citizen by slowing down past construction. I wanted to stop the car right there and give him a piece of my mind.

Phew! glad I got that off my chest.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Hopefully, KCK gets home early from work (hint hint, if you're reading this!)

5 comments:

yellowinter said...

hope he'll read it and bring flowers. oh, goodness. can't believe you've been home alone with a two year old and a growing baby inside all on your own all week. i do hope that GMK will be a princess tonight.
no need to post such warning signs. we all need to let it out.
sending you ((hugs))

jl said...

I think G is sensing something. She knows she has to share you soon!

Anonymous said...

i SO SO hear you. L has been sick all week so he didn't go to preschool but i know he'll freak. and today he cried (more like screamed) when i touched his precious trains the wrong way.

vivian said...

geesh. that stinks. i want to hear MORE!!! b/c i know there's gotta be more!!

Allie said...

ugh!! Pregnancy hormones... they are really tough to handle and when your just uncomfortable all the time, things are just going to be annoying.

I hear ya... it'll be over soon and once KCK comes home, you take a rest.

Post a Comment