Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Belt loops and breath mints

My bag is officially packed, aside from the last minute toiletries I'll have to throw in. Oh, and I hope I remember to get the Boppy from the basement.
No contractions, though. [sigh] I'm hoping that I go into my OB appointment tomorrow and she says that I'm actually in labor, and I have such great pain tolerance that I didn't even know I was having contractions. Not likely, but a girl can dream.

So hubs and I have been talking alot about things we need to get done before we need to go to the hospital. Most of them are related to getting things ready at home and what we'll be doing with GMK, such as putting together the bassinet and contingency plans in case uncle is unavailable to watch GMK. But yesterday, we started thinking about what labor was like when GMK was born. I remembered that, for whatever reason, I found it comforting to hold onto one of KCK's belt loops while having a contraction. So I told him he has to remember to wear pants with belt loops. Imagine the frustration if he ends up wearing track pants! Without missing a beat, KCK says, "I'll have to remember to get some breath mints, too." Pause. "For you or me?" I ask. "You," he replies. The dear man waits three years to tell me that I had kickin' breath while in labor... performing my breathing techniques directly into his face. Who says husbands don't suffer through labor?

7 comments:

yellowinter said...

hilarious! i'll have to ask C about that. :)
belt loops, eh? i can't picture it. :) hope and pray that all will go smoothly.

jwk said...

ha ha ha. aren't you afraid of ripping those belt loops off? i just squeezed SK's hand. belt loops are probably less painful for hubs. good idea.

vivian said...

eew! i wonder if there is a reaction that happens that causes bad breath while in labor.. interesting..

ekang said...

too funny! can't believe how quickly time passes and the things that you remember before labor. gotta give it up for KCK and his honesty. i should ask JK if this was the case for me, too. :)

Beannie's Log said...

Interesting! I'll have to ask D about that too!

Hope all goes well and that the timing is right in terms of who can watch GMK....I think that's what I'm worried about the most. Last time, I went in @ 4:00AM.

Allie said...

LOL!! So funny!! What a nice guy to keep that from you for 3 years! I'll be praying for you. You do have great pain tolerance and they say the second one comes faster so be ready. Let us know ASAP when she arrives. :)

yellowinter said...

so, i asked c about my breath and he said no. then, i remembered, i had the oxygen mask on the whole time because of N's heartrate. maybe that helped. ;) but then, i'll never know because C thought KCK was crazy for telling you that. i told him that RBK is an understanding and cool wife who can take it. ;)

Post a Comment