Monday, February 04, 2008

The Bowl

I'm a little bit glad the Giants won the Superbowl. Nothing against the Pats... except for all the cheating they did prior to this season. And I'm happy for Eli, who is a whole lot less annoying than his brother- atleast, from what I can tell from the thousands of commercials Peyton prostitutes himself in. I'm also glad the game ended up being exciting at the end. The first three quarters were such a bore.

I actually thought halftime was somewhat entertaining. I like Tom Petty and his catchy songs- I had forgotten about him. And he didn't look as geriatric as I was bracing myself for. There's nothing worse than seeing wrinkly dudes trying to rock it out like they're still 22. Mr. Petty wasn't one of those guys. He was cool.

The Superbowl commercials were horrible. I remember a time when the commercials were the only reason I watched the Big Game. I want to know what happened to the wit of old. Who are these advertising/marketing firms that are putting out these lame commercials? I did, however, like the Sobe commercial. Very cute lizards dancing to Thriller. And the Vitamin Water ad with Shaq was entertaining as well. See, I even remembered the product brands :D I can't name a worst commercial because I think alot of them tied for worst. All very unmemorable. The Underarmour commercial was somewhat memorable, but still lame. Maybe it appealed to men?

That's my 2 cents.

3 comments:

yellowinter said...

yeah, does it make us traitors to be happy for the giants? ;) but you know how it is being from a city that never wins, while living in the city that wins everything. c'mon. even the celtics are doing well this year. ;)

yeah, i didn't really watch any of it until the last quarter. N wanted all my attention prior to that. sounds like i didn't miss much.

jwk said...

yeah, it was weird to be cheering for the G-men. but it was one of the more exciting ends to a football game. and it was nice to see Stetson boy taken down so many times.

i agree with the ads. some were REALLY bad. like the careerbuilder.com ones? the pumping heart? and the little bug being eaten? ugh! those stuck out in my mind because they grossed me out.

my favorite was the Coke ad with the big balloons chasing the coke bottle. very cute.

Beannie's Log said...

We were happy the Giants won too...surprising to see a lot of our church friends were anti-Boston! Is it too much to hope to see the Eagles next year?!!

The one with the heart popping out was realy gross...at first we all thought her breast implant came out! I did like the Thriller dancing lizard...you know Michael Jackson is coming out with his 25th anniversary edition to his Thriller album? Should be interesting. :)

Post a Comment