Monday, March 10, 2008

AJK

On Friday night, I gave birth to another beautiful baby girl. My water broke on Friday morning. I didn't go into labor, so I was induced at the hospital around 5 pm. Baby was born at 10:16 pm after about 10 minutes of pushing. It was a pretty non-eventful labor and delivery. The only mildly interesting things that happened were that the epidural never really caught up the contractions, so they were pretty painful throughout, even with the medication. And I was starving through the entire thing- I could actually hear my stomach growling. To get me through contractions, I had KCK list all sorts of foods that I might eat after giving birth, and I would give them a veto or a "Mmmmmm. Yum, that sounds good" approval.

I thought I'd be most happy about just not being pregnant, but I've found that meeting our new baby is the happiest thing there is. This time around I'm so much more relaxed about things, so I'm finding myself really enjoying every little thing about a newborn. She's just so cute and wiggly! There's pictures to come, as soon as we download them from our camera.

Here are her stats for the curious:
Name: AJK
Height: 19.25"
Weight: 7 lb 8 oz

She was significantly heavier than GMK was at birth (5 lb 14 oz) so she seemed huge to me when she came out. Of course, after GMK visited us in the hospital I realized just how tiny (or normal) she is. GMK has been great with the baby. Today she found a stuffed animal and put it on her baby sister's legs while she nursed. She was sharing! (Big deal for a toddler.) The only hard part is that she's still expecting and wanting me to do everything with her, and she gets mean when she doesn't get her way. Everything is, "NO! I want....!" with a foot stomp to the ground, or a hand slap to whatever's nearby (usually an inanimate object.) It'll pass, I'm sure.

8 comments:

yellowinter said...

it will, for sure. oh, sweet GMK... i'm looking forward to hearing what AJK stand for. :)
she is very close to my N's stats, just a quarter inch more and an ounce less. :)
10 mins of pushing... wow... no epidural... more wow...
i'm so happy to hear that you are enjoying this time. can't wait to hold her myself soon~

jwk said...

yay for AJK! can't wait to meet her!!! i miss holding sweet little babies...

Annibelle said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! What in the world!?!? She's already here?

CONGRATULATIONS! (Until you officially announce it, I'll assume baby #2 is named after me... just because I'm a little egomaniacal, that's all).

Hope you and baby are doing well!

[BTW, when did GMK become such a young lady? I hardly recognize her!]

Betty said...

Uh, yeah, I'm SO glad you had the baby in the hospital, and you were safe! I was wigging out (on the inside) while we were eating lunch on Friday. I really really want to see her picture!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, just found out! Congratulation! Can't wait to see her picture!!!!

youngji

Allie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow, you water broke again?! Hopefully, you were home... and not out trying to get a peddy. So glad she's here. She's beautiful. . I LOVE HER NAME!!!

Beannie's Log said...

Congratulations! What does the A stand for?!!! And only 10 minutes of pushing?!! Lucky you! Glad to hear things are going well and more relaxed for you.

ekang said...

congrats, RBK & KCK! i can't wait to see pics of the new fam! wow, you weren't kidding that she did seem much bigger, but i guess relative to GMK now, anyone's tiny! hope the "play with me all the time" attitude shall pass soon for your sanity. little e is going through that, but without a new sibling in the picture!

Post a Comment