Thursday, May 22, 2008

1 vs. 2

I've been having a tough time "getting it together" lately. I've been asking myself why this is...

With one kid:
- Laundry gets done, but gets folded a couple days later
with two kids:
- Laundry gets started, but often sits in the washer, wet and mildewing b/c I forgot about it.

With one:
- Dinner was a pain to cook, but it happened every once in a while.
With two:
- Hubs has become best friends with the local pizza place owner.

With one:
- There was essentially no crying during the first year of life because I proactively attended to her every need.
With two:
- There is a WHOLE lot of crying... and even more whining from the older one.

With one:
- I chased toddler around the house picking up after her crumbs
With two:
- My bare feet act as a Swiffer, picking up all the crumbs as I step on them- meanwhile yelling at toddler to sit down and eat.

With one:
- I picked out toddler's clothes and then proceeded to fight with her about them.
With two:
- I let toddler dress herself in completely clashing colors and then later find that her underwear is on upside-down.

I'm sure I'll get used to having two kids, and it will get easier once AJK has more of a schedule. I'm looking forward to it.

11 comments:

Annibelle said...

"I let toddler dress herself in completely clashing colors and then later find that her underwear is on upside-down."

I love this one! Hahaha...

Don't worry, B, it'll get better in time.

jwk said...

upside down? not inside out? but how? hm. i'd like to see that one. you know, you're really making me think twice about number 2. i do remember the first three months being really tough though. as soon as she gets into a regular sleep schedule, you're golden.

Betty said...

hahahahaha!!!! *sigh* I'm really not laughing at your pain, I'm just remembering how hard it was the first year. You can smack me later. Anyway, this post is DA TRUTH and nuthin but the truth. I've caught J with her underwear on sideways: one leg in the proper hole and the other one through the waist-hole. When things got too dreary for me, I'd be a big 'ole baby and cry on the phone to my mommy or A's mommy, then they'd come running on the fastest flight. kkkk. Yes, I'm a baby and I like it. Kudos to you and how you are keeping your sanity at least (you don't need your brain cells as long as you're happy.)

Allie said...

yep! that's how it is!

Allie said...

I found that. It gets much easier when the last one turns two...or 15 months.

vivian said...

omg.. but i hear that it's amazing when they learn to play with and entertain themselves. now that i'm older, my parents are always bugging me. and my dad asked who else would he talk to? it's not like i have any siblings. so maybe two will be better.

with that said, you are seriously not helping with all this baby crisis! .. none of you are for that matter!! :P

jl said...

I hear you. Hang in there...

Anonymous said...

ooooh... i can't wait. ;) thanks for the list. i'm sure i'll think back on this when my #2 comes in a few months!

yellowinter said...

oh, dear...
it's scary but also good to hear these sobering and "nuthin but the truth" accounts. it will get better. i do hope and pray that AJK will be on a predictable routine soon.

megiddo said...

oh boy, really? so it's a big jump from no kids to 1, then another big one from 1 to 2. hang in there, rbk! :)

ekang said...

oh my goodness...is this what i will have to look forward to, too?! AHHHHHH! i've obviously been postponing for good reason! heh heh!

Post a Comment