I'm losing brain cells as I type. Lately, I've been so scatter-brained. I keep forgetting things, losing things, and am just not as organized as I used to be. The house is in a constant state of disarray... which, as my father used to tell me about my room, is a reflection of what is going on in my head.
Today I was at the mall with some friends. On my way out, I decided to get a bottle of water for the road. I paid for it and then got both kids loaded in the car, changed a poopy diaper, argued with GMK about why she didn't have to "go potty" again, I got into the driver's seat, and realized that I left the bottle of water on the counter in the cafe. So we unloaded the car again- I got to throw out the poopy diaper, GMK got to go potty again, and I picked up that water. Another half hour later, we finally headed home.
When I got home, I got the mail from our mailbox. There was a "letter" from the post office for my children. Huh? Inside was a set of stamps I had purchased a couple days ago and left on the counter. I didn't even realize. Uy
8 comments:
dude, that's a scary assessment from your dad, if that is true. that's actually pretty freaky, looking at my own house...
oh, RBK... you are quite the woman. i would have just left the bottle of water. :) funny about the "letter" from the post office, but i can hear the exasperation. but really, can one have it ALL together and organized with a two month old and a 3 year old in tow? i dunno. give yourself a little break and time.
wow. well, i have no children (nor do i want any at the moment, thanks to you, ol' pal) but i gotta say good for you for going back for that water! life's a constant battle, isn't it?
my question is, WHY did gmk have to go potty again? i think maybe she liked the attention. :P sometimes, i have no idea what goes on in that head of hers. give her xo for me!
*sigh* Boy, have I ever been there and done that. I'm actually still "there." To give you hope, I will say that there is a definite nadir before you bounce up to a "normal" level of forgetfulness.
yes, GMK wanted to go potty again because 1) she wanted attention and 2) she likes the toddler-sized potty in the family restroom in this particular mall- she actually asks me to wait outside the door while she does her business.
ha ha ha. i know she's sometimes a pain, but she really cracks me up. kaboom! kaboom! i do that kind of thing all the time with one kid. at least it was only a bottle of water. if i ever have any more kids, i'm positive i'll leave a kid behind at the mall.
I had some hope that it gets better after pregnancy... Hey, you got two kids... a infant and toddler. I would have left the water, too. You amaze me.
I think venturing out with kids is brave. If I had it my own way, I'd keep my kids homebound until they were in middle school. hahahahha
hehehe, GMK really is something. can't wait to play with her.
you're inspiring me to make that dreaded trip out to the k of p mall with N, esp now that he just can't handle stroller rides. toddler's pace on the busy city sidewalks on walnut just isn't fun or safe. :)
guess this is what i can look forward to when i'm sleep deprived and fatigued from taking care of 2 kids?!
Post a Comment