Saturday, June 28, 2008

Accident

I had a fender bender the other day. I was backing out of my driveway, and backed right into another car that was backing out of the driveway across the street. The other car was there first, and in my blind spot. My fault. I was a little distracted- by what, I'm not sure. I'm such a loser.
There's a nice big scrape and dent on one side of my car. The other car's fender is completely bashed in on one corner. Hopefully, it's just the fender. Both my kids were in the car at the time, so I'm thankful that it wasn't more serious. But I feel like a big loser.
Every time we got into the car for the next couple days GMK kept saying, "Mommy, look both ways! You don't want to get another boo-boo on the car!" Thanks, I will.
I have to admit, my driving confidence has been shaken. It didn't help that hubs was giving me lessons while I was trying to parallel park today. Total backseat driver.

7 comments:

Allie said...

ugh! That sucks... but it happens especially when you've been backing out of your drive way every single day so there is not much thought to it. YOu just back up. Anyone could have done it.

Love GMK... look both ways.. hahahha

vivian said...

Dude. GMK is hilarious. Does she know what sarcasm is yet??

But I agree with Allie.. mistakes happen to everyone. It doesn't mean that you are a bad driver. Maybe you should get one of those cameras for the back of your car or a sensor that beeps. Thank goodness you didn't run over anything else!

Betty said...

Oh no! That really stinks :( Did you hit the neighbor that you hang with all the time? :( And you are not a loser. You're a driver of a car with a blind spot. Glad you're all ok. Tell K that I liked his orange shirt.

megiddo said...

oh, i'm glad you guys were ok!

jwk said...

remember your very first "fender bender" in the garage? ha ha ha... as someone who has more than her fair share of fender benders, shake it off. you are a good driver, always have been.

i hate when hubbies think they are such good drivers. except that during the time that we've known each other, my hubs has put more scrapes on the car and gotten more tickets than me.

ekang said...

sorry to hear about that. gotta love kids and spouses and their impeccable timing with comments! you'll get your confidence back. :)

yellowinter said...

it happens to all of us, esp backing out of driveways. who would have guessed that your neighbor would be backing at exactly at the same time?! i have near-misses a little too often.
your GMK is too funny. hehe.

Post a Comment