Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sewing Project #2


Sewing project #1 was an entire year ago, so I thought maybe I should do another project. I actually started this months ago, but finally finished recently. I made 3 re-usable shopping totes for grocery shopping. No more plastic bags for me! That is, if I remember to bring these bags to the store :P
If you want to give it a go, this is where I got the pattern. I got the idea from my old college roomie, who blogged about receiving a couple bags as a gift. Good gift idea, no?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tote looks great! Reusable bags are pricey... some go upwards to $30. I can't sew and don't own a sewing machine... you could sell them online. I'd buy one!

jwk said...

coolio. i should try making some of those. can i use your sewing machine when i visit? you know in seattle they are going to start charging $.20 if you want plastic or paper bags at the grocery store? i think they do that scotland (or some other british isle locale) as well. i forget. and i think portland is considering this surcharge as well.

vivian said...

that's awesome!!

yellowinter said...

that's one cool shopping tote, RBK! i can't believe you'd found the time to sew with a little one and a 3 year old. amazing. i LOVE the pattern. sure beats the ugly Trader Joe's bag i have. :) but you're right, half the battle to go green this way is to remember to keep it in the car. i used to always forget.
you may end up inspiring me to another hobby, my dear. you were my muse for knitting if you remember. :)

Anonymous said...

so adorable! I love it!

megiddo said...

awesome rbk!! that looks great! i'm so proud of you. :) i love those bags. i tried making a bunch myself a while back to give as gifts. after making 8 - which took probably about 2 hours each - i'm a slow crafter - i don't want to make those bags ever again. hehe.

Post a Comment