Last night, while I was preparing dinner, I heard KCK start giving GMK a talk about tithing her piggybank money. My initial thoughts, were, "Oh, boy! We're in for a meltdown!" But as I continued to listen, it seemed as though G was completely all right with putting 10% of her piggy bank money into her new "God cup." I think the concept of giving a monetary offering has been already ingrained since she does this every week at Sunday school.
But then, I heard KCK launch into another talk about how 30% of her piggybank must then go to the government for taxes. "What?! She's too young for that!" I thought. Apparently, so did she. Her dad told her to set aside about 35 cents for taxes, and give it to mommy. Um, first of all, thanks for making me the tax collector. Well, she begrudgingly came to me in the kitchen, dragging her feet the whole way and put her little fist out with the coins. But then I saw her wipe her eyes, and I realized that she had started to cry those silent "I'm trying not to cry" tears. She was sincerely upset about the taxes. My heart just melted and I told her to go tell daddy that she doesn't make enough money to pay taxes.
Of course, KCK got a kick out of the whole situation and was actually glad that she was upset about the taxes, "because taxes are bad!" He's already trying to make our daughter a fiscal conservative.
7 comments:
ha ha ha....that's too funny. poor GMK. i definitely think she's too young for the tax lecture. how does she understand the money concept anyway? wow. you should explain to GMK that some of the money in taxes goes towards services and programs that help society. maybe that'll make her feel better.
Wow, I'm amazed she understood the concept. Way too funny and cute!!
hm.. did you erase my comment?!?!
OMG! So cute... KCK is so mean.. ;)
this is totally hilarious! i can just picture him giving GMK this "talk"! maybe you should send him to do the sex talk when she's a bit older?! should be amusing. though it's pretty cool about how she understands tithing.
that is so funny!! smart to get used to it at a young age, if things turn out the way I think they will, much to my dismay, taxes won't be going down anytime soon. : )
sooo funny. kck is hilarious. i do like jwk emo's comment too. :)
i am so encouraged though about how you are teaching her so early about tithing. thanks for sharing that.
Post a Comment