Friday, October 10, 2008

AJK update

When I go back and read some posts from years ago, when GMK was less than a year, I realize that I chronicled almost every little milestone that she reached. So I know exactly what day she started eating solids, when she started sitting up on her own, and when she started sucking her thumb. Well, AJK (#2) has done all those things and I haven't mentioned them at all. Bad mom!
Now, out of guilt, I'm going to gush over my second child...

AJK is a very happy, smiley, easy going girl. She is also a whole lot more active than GMK was as an infant. She loves to roll around on the floor and pivots every which way to get to whatever it is that she wants (usually a piece of paper which she promptly tries to eat.) I can tell she's going to crawl and walk faster... maybe even talk faster. She loves to babble nonsensical sounds, but she really thinks she's communicating. It's convincing enough so that GMK asks me all the time what her little sister just said, as if I have the ability to translate her baby-talk.

She looks almost exactly like her older sister when she was a baby, which only means that she is quite the roly-poly pudgster. In fact, she's a little bit taller and weighs a little more than GMK did at the time. People comment all the time about how big she is, or how "cute" her cheeks are. Oh, and all the other comments are about how much curly hair she has. But I think, sadly, that her curls won't stay for long.

I could go on and on about her, but I'm pretty sure you're all asleep at your keyboards by now... and oh, she's crying because I'm ignoring her, so I must go.

6 comments:

Allie said...

AJK is such a good baby. I love her first reaction to me when I saw her. Her smile is so bright and I felt love. I hope Cara is like that... I love her rolls and cheeks. I so wish that you guys stilled lived here. :(

jwk said...

i love AJK's smile. i wish i could reach out and smoosh her pudge every time we video conference. i want to blow raspberries on her chubby cheeks!

Beannie's Log said...

Glad to hear your 2nd is easy going. Isn't it funny seeing the differences between your children?!!

Betty said...

awww. 2nd babies are so wonderful. I do benignly neglect mine, but I do have a pure love for her, not so tainted with worry and stress as with my first. I need to come to an agreement with myself that I need to not stress so much about him, b/c that stresses him out :(

megiddo said...

hehe, no one's falling asleep over the keyboard. all the more to enjoy your #2 with what you learned and logged on #1

Anonymous said...

Wow... she's sitting up already and growing up so fast! I love her cute laugh :)

Post a Comment