Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Best Gift

This morning, GMK woke me up tapping me on the shoulder saying, "Mommy! Daddy! Wake up! Mommy, it's your birthday so you have to wake up!"
I said, "Um, since it's my birthday, maybe i'll sleep a little bit more?"
And she actually went away!

Unfortunately, some time later I heard her calling my name in desperation. She had climbed into AJK's crib and couldn't get back out.

I did get some kid-free time last night, though, thanks to KCK and good friend.

4 comments:

jwk said...

yay happy birthday! extra sleep & time alone with a girlfriend -- best birthday presents for mom!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!

ekang said...

awhhhh....that's so cute! happy birthday! seriously, sleep is what i crave!

yellowinter said...

she's so funny. i'm amazed at her acrobatic skills to climb into the crib. i hope AJK wasn't sleeping. :) Happy Belated Birthday!

Post a Comment