Wednesday, December 10, 2008

T minus 15

I'm in a little bit of a panic this year. Christmas is closing in fast. I'm usually pretty good about getting all the shopping done and the cards sent out in a timely manner. This year, though, is another story. Maybe it's because Thanksgiving was late, or because I have 2 kids v. one, or because AJK was sick for a good week and I was home-bound. Whatever the reason, all of a sudden I'm scrambling to even think of gift ideas for family members, let alone shop for them. GMK and AJK are getting shafted by their parents this year because I just don't have the energy. I'm counting on their relatives to fill the gap. And the sheer number of gift cards that I need to get for teachers and caregivers is appalling. I hope everyone likes Starbucks.

I took some pictures today of a couple kids that couldn't possibly be mine, because they DO NOT STAY STILL. And we have bad lighting in our house. I'm worried about the holiday card this year.




The girls went to see Santa at the mall last week. We realized that GMK has absolutely no idea who he is or what he does. When we got in line, my usually very social 3-yr old refused to take a picture. She just wanted to watch the other kids take pictures. And after about 15 minutes, she decided she wanted to get her picture taken with Santa, as well. Her and AJK got into his lap, and GMK was asked, "And what would you like from Santa this year?" All GMK said the whole time was, "Um....." and had a look on her face like, "What?"
In fact, I think AJK had the same look. "Who the heck is this guy with the white beard? Can I pull it? Taste it? Climb it?"

6 comments:

jl said...

We took 119 pictures of the girls last week in front of our Christmas tree. None of them are good. How many teachers does G have? More than 2?

jwk said...

i love that pic of arielle. didn't GMK learn about Santa at school? what do they teach kids in school these days? i guess it's just as well. do you want her to believe in Santa? i don't think we're going to cards this year because of lack of picture and we only have one naughty toddler.

Betty said...

AJK must be flying in the 2nd pic. haha, you should put the camera in "sport" mode, like you're trying to catch a cyclist in the Tour de France.

vivian said...

hahah!! ajk is so cute!!! and FAST!! she looks like she's on the 'crawl' in that second one. :D

ekang said...

much too cute! i love the tongue hanging out! you know, i think EVERYONE is in slow-mo this year, because my fridge is not plastered in christmas pics yet and christmas is coming soon. we're late as usual...i must not be as organized and on top of it as you usually are!

Beannie's Log said...

I know what you mean about everything being last minute this year....I just sent ours out a few days ago! Oh and your pics turned out great....very cute!

Post a Comment