Played golf yesterday. It was as expected (see prior post.)
On a completely different note...
The other day, I was dropping my kids off at the childcare facility at my gym. A mom I knew came in with her kid and her husband. I said hello to the mom and kid and was introduced to the husband. I shook the guys hand... because that's what grownups do. Well, without missing a beat, GMK walks straight to the guy and sticks out her hand. He's all confused and says, "What, you like my keys?" I tell him I think she wants to shake your hand. And she does. Then GMK starts to walk away, because she has accomplished what she came over to do. But the mom says, "Oh, how polite! Can I shake your hand, too?" and sticks out her hand toward GMK. G reluctantly turns back to give the lady a perfunctory handshake and goes off to play.
What the heck?! My child likes boys. We know this. But she seems to gravitate towards very specific boys. I can't put my finger on the commonalities between these guys, but it's really not everyone she wants to shake hands with.
3 comments:
hm.. very interesting.. you should put together a chart to see what these commonalities might be. maybe you can even just straight out ask her. i wonder what she would say?!!?!
ha ha ha! i tell you, she is such a personality! does she like dark-haired over lighter-haired men? hm.... i agree, interesting. have you tried asking her? and how does daddy feel about this boldness with the opposite sex (older men no less!)? ESK has no interest in boys over girls yet.
so funny. I want to know her list too!
Post a Comment