My allergies have flared up this year. I've heard it's because it was a warm spring so all the pollen came out at once. Just another thing they can blame on "global warming" I suppose. Anyway, I get that itchy-throat feeling almost every day and when I take my contact lenses out at night, I always feel like there's something stuck in my eye. I've gotten prescription eyedrops and suck on lozenges, and for the most part I'm OK. However, we just went to visit my dad in Philly over Memorial weekend (my mom's away so he's by himself for a month.. so sad!) and my allergies wreaked havoc. I could feel it as soon as we hit Jersey. All of a sudden I was super congested and I wanted to stick a fork down my throat so I could use it as a throat-scratcher. Kinda gross, I know.
And then at one point we went to my cousin's house where they have 2 dogs and a cat. I felt like I was dying. My nose got all raw from wiping it and even my breathing got worse. I had to snag an Allegra from my hubs so I could sleep well.
And then just yesterday, GMK's eyes got all red and itchy. She couldn't take it anymore, so I had to give her some Benedryl. We think she's allergic to my parents' dog. Poor thing, because she loooooooooves dogs. I'm going to have to get her officially tested for allergens at some point. Of course, this is all on top of her existing peanut allergy. Uy.
I hope and pray that AJK doesn't get bad allergies and that GMK outgrows hers.
4 comments:
i really hope so too. :(
we found out that N must be allergic to either dog saliva or dander. it's so sad because there are several dogs in his life that he absolutely adores... he also has seasonal allergies. we've been giving him zyrtec everyday for the past month, and it helped a ton, both with dogs and allergies. prolly won't be as drowsy as benadryl. :(
i know it's steroids, but have you tried flonase? it worked wonders for me. the only thing that worked for me. thankfully, i've somehow managed to skate by this spring with taking just occasional claritin, which is amazing. i have to take multiple drugs including flonase to survive the spring normally. hope it passes soon!
oh, that's so sad! yeah, my sis-in-law says to have EHK come in for testing at the end of the season. GMK is the second kid i know with peanut allergy. it's so sad about the possibility of pets, too. guess more and more kids are just allergic. hope our kids outgrow it!
poor GMK. too bad about the dog allergy. i know how much she loves miya. but maybe it will be something she outgrows? ugh. SK has been using a lot of Allegra too these days, but luckily i haven't had much problems with seasonal allergies this year.
what do you mean by 'global warming'?? but yes, this allergy thing is weird.. i'm usually really bad, but this year, barely a sniffle. bizzare.
Post a Comment