AJK took her first real steps over the weekend. Eight really small ones to get to her mommy. After every step there was a chorus of "yay!" from myself, daddy, her aunt, and older sis. And she was so proud of herself. She was loving the limelight!
I was looking back at older blog posts to see when GMK started walking. It was right around the same age, but I noticed that her and AJK look really similar. GMK was just a little skinnier at that point because she had some mouth trauma around 14 months. Oh, and AJK is still nursing, so she's getting some extra calories. I've been trying to wean her, but I can't say no to her when she looks at me all wide-eyed and expectant while signing "milk" (opening and closing her fist.) I'm such a sucker.
Anyway, I have a feeling my girls are going to get the "are you twins?" question a lot when they're older. My older sister and I got that a lot. I still don't get it because I don't think we look alike. I was actually mistaken for my younger sister over the weekend. Very strange. But, yes, my girls actually do look alike. It'll be fun to see how they change as they grow.
4 comments:
awhhh! that's awesome! i figured it was coming soon when i saw her take some steps after lunch! yeah, your kids may look alike, but you and your sisters...no. you're all pretty distinct. interesting why someone would've mistaken you guys. btw, i got rid of the email notices. figured y'all would be just checking when you got the chance.
you don't look like EMK. that's weird. anyway, wish i could have been there for AJK's first steps. i would have cheered her on too. you should post pics side by side of AJK and GMK. i'm going to have to look some up now. hm....
ye~h for AJK!
you older K girls don't look that alike. i mean, you can see that you're sisters, but not twins. the comments were probably because we all lived in an area where there weren't too many asians. :)
Mmm... What is a B-A-T-H-I-N-G S-U-I-T???
Post a Comment