Thursday, June 04, 2009

Must Be Tasty

Over the past week, I've gotten a bunch of bug bites. Three right in a row on my left foot, two near my left elbow, another on my right leg. Bug bites are probably the worst part of summer for me. I must taste really good to those bugs or something.

I've been spending a lot more time outdoors recently, which explains the bug bites. I've been golfing- not very well, but it's still fun. And addicting. I've also signed up for a month-long "boot camp." It's three times a week for a little over an hour. Usually, I struggle to wake up when my kids get up at around 7 o'clock. But this boot camp starts at 6 am. Needless to say, I've been going to sleep a whole lot earlier.

Boot camp sounds alot more intimidating than it actually is. This particular one is through a local Pilates studio, so there aren't very many gym-rat-types attending. It actually reminds me of high school sports practices. Not easy, but not impossible. The goal is to shed a layer of fat before it gets warm enough for a bathing suit. I should have taken a "before" picture... not that I would share it with you.

4 comments:

ekang said...

RBK...you're just too funny. don't you recall me telling you how awesome you looked just last month?! glad the golfing is helping you to realize the awesome self you have underneath the clothes! i'm sure KCK knows!

Betty said...

Becky, that's awesome about the boot camp! I only wish I had something or someone to make me go 3x week.

jwk said...

i need to sign up for something like this. knowing you, i'm sure you'll be lookin' bathing suit ready in no time...

yellowinter said...

oh, the commitment! i thought the boot camp was for the golf. :) wow, 6am... it's great, although i think you are bathing-suit-ready as is!

Post a Comment