I am utterly and hopelessly addicted to golf. I find myself watching golf on TV, reading golf magazines, even buying rain gear so I can play golf in the rain. I can't say that it's a problem, really. It's actually better for the marriage. I find that I'm more understanding than the average wife about why my husband needs to be out of the house for 5 hours at a time to hit a ball with a stick. Not to mention the 11 pm range sessions. He's been told by other golfer men how lucky he is to have a wife that golfs. Yeah, I always knew I was a "catch."
Our kids are proof enough that there's a whole lot of golf going on. For example, when I come downstairs wearing a collared shirt GMK immediately says, "Are you going golfing? I want to go too!" And AJK, who is now 16 months old, shows off her golf swing with a big grin whenever you even mention the word.
After a few months of really struggling with my golf game, taking lessons, and putting some work into my swing, I can actually see some improvement in my scores. I'm still not good enough to really be confident, but I've cut down my strokes by about 25 per round. But now I'm finding that I'm not satisfied with scores that I used to be perfectly content with. I guess that's the nature of golf- there's always room for improvement.
5 comments:
oh geez... i'm not going to let SK read this post... just kidding! congratulations! that's great about the improvement in your golf game. and i LOVE little AJK's little golf swing. so friggin' cute!
wow! 25! Even a golf ignoramus here can appreciate how good that is! It's wonderful to have something to immerse yourself in and be passionate about. Even better that it'll keep you healthy. :)
Even though I play and enjoy golf, I'm still not *completely* ok with A playing every day of the weekend. That's very inspiring to see that your consistent work is paying off! Apparently, that awesome golf tip that A got from the pro messed his swing up so bad. He went to the driving range TWICE today. And it's only 10:45am!
yup...definitely a good "catch"! just don't become one of those korean ahjumahs with the GIANT visor caps and GIANT sunglasses! then i don't know if i'll acknowledge knowing you. :)
I am surrounded by many friends and family members who are similarly and completely obsessed with golf. So far I haven't personally been struck with the golf bug. So what is it about golf that makes it so addictive?
Post a Comment