The summer has officially started. It didn't start for us this year until maybe last week when the rain clouds finally went away for more than a day and the temperatures ventured above 80 degrees. Our central air has kicked in for a couple nights in a row now, absolutely justifying the expense of installing the system. Ha!
GMK has also gone down to 2 days of school per week versus the 3 days during the regular school year. Some people can't imagine keeping their kids in school during the summer. Summer is the time of year when kids get total freedom... to play outdoors, ride bikes, and come home all sticky from ice cream and sweat. GMK gets a little bit of that, but I need my sanity, too. And that comes from having the 4-yr-old, who still requires a whole lot of supervision, to be at school with her peers for two days a week.
We've been hitting the pool as much as possible. GMK is a fish. We've found that she can actually stand in the shallow end of the "big" pool, so that's given me a level of comfort as I have most of my attention on her little sister. AJK loves the water, as well. I have a feeling, like most other things, she'll learn to swim by just watching her big sister.
I just purchased a couple new swimsuits yesterday. Now that it's July, Back to School stuff already! Bathing suits were 60% off in the departments stores. My old suits were either getting too old and frayed, or from when I was pregnant (read: ugly and large.) I'm afraid the suits I bought are a little "young" for me, but I've decided to pretend that I'm the nanny when I wear them. Ha ha... a nanny that looks exactly like the kids and has a tell-tale mommy pouch.
5 comments:
I hear ya on the frayed and tattered swimsuits. Esp the bottoms, since you're always sitting on scratchy surfaces. I bought a pretty 1-piece on sale at my fave store (Martin & Osa). And as long as you're not wearing "A&F" or "Hollister" prominently displayed on your suit, don't worry about your suits being too young!
YOu are so funny... you got no mommy pouch... you got the bod I say wear whatever you like. Central air is awesome! Miss you guys so much! your kids will be awesome swimmers. Does your community have nice swimming leagues?
does your suit have "JUICY" embroidered across the butt? no? then, no worries. i wish i had enrolled ESK in some regular classes this summer. would have been nice to get some more nap time.
I kept on telling my wife that having "JUICY" across the butt is a good look...But for some reason, she wasn't buying it.
i love the hubby's comment. glad you didn't take his advice, but i'm sure you look fabulous! you always do actually.
so happy to hear that you got the central a/c. woohoo!
Post a Comment