We're in Vail, CO again. We come every year. This time without AJK, who was left with the grandparents. It was sad to leave her in the car as we got dropped off at the airport. She was a little confused... why am I still in my carseat when my mother and sister are clearly going somewhere? I miss her, but am glad to get a break from toddler-dom for a few days. Whenever I see a crying and whining1-yr-old strapped into her stroller I know we made the right decision.
There's something about coming to the mountains that makes you want to be healthy. It might be that you look around and there are no overweight people... none. So the pressure to "fit in" forces healthy habits. Or maybe it's that the altitude change forces you to drink gallons of water every day. It might also be the plethora of outdoor activities you can participate in. Seeing everyone on mountain bikes and hiking gear... again, peer pressure.
Anyway, it's beautiful (the mountains, not the people.) I love coming back here every year.
3 comments:
sounds awesome, especially the no-toddler-dom! next year, give us more than two weeks notice and we'll join you!
it seems that many parents with 2 kids leave the younger behind. my sis-in-law did the same thing when they went to FL. is it THAT much harder?? is this what i have to look forward to?
We left Josephine (2 yo) with the grandparents when we went on a Disney cruise with Gus. I don't regret it a bit, although she is still upset that she's not in any of those pictures. haha
Post a Comment