Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Dancing Shoes

September is here already! Our summer in New England was really short. We had a very cool June and July and about 3 weeks of hot and humid. No complaints, here. But it did seem to make September come up quickly and all of a sudden I was scrambling to figure out the girls' fall schedules. I say "girls" because AJK will be going to her own classes starting in the fall.... just some mommy and me type ones (the same ones that her big sister did.) I thought I was a proud mommy with GMK, but I know I'll be shameless with AJK- because I think she's a genius. Seriously :P

GMK will be attending 3 days of preschool and then will do dance and try karate. She was extra confused about karate, though. She had been super excited about going to "karate school." Little did I know that in her mind, karate school replaced preschool. So on Monday, she did a whole lot of whining that she didn't want to go to school. "I hate school!" she said. "I just want to go to karate school!"
Hm.... I had to try to disentangle her brain before school started, but she was cranky, anyway, because daddy was away so she was in tears at drop off. Oh, and it turned out she was sick, too. I got the dreaded phone call from her teacher to come pick her up early. Argh.

We're trying a different dance studio this year. Last year's was convenient because they just rented out the studio at my gym. I could just drop her off and get a workout in while I waited. But the people that ran it were really bad at communicating things. There were a couple of times where we showed up to class and class had been canceled. And then the dress rehearsal and recital were really confusing. I didn't know where to drop her off, didn't know how long she had to be there, and I actually got yelled at by the director for being in the backstage area. So I won't regret my decision to change dance studios, but I see the dance director all the time at the gym and I smile and say, "Hi." I'm dreading, though, the day she stops and asks me if she'll be dancing again this year.

3 comments:

yellowinter said...

wow! sounds like a busy schedule for mommy. wow, i thought i was supposed to get a little easier... hmmm... :)
looking forward to hearing about her new classes, esp karate.

Allie said...

Yep, back to the grind... Hope the new dance studio works out better. hahha... GMK wants to go to karate school full-time so cute.

ekang said...

hope the new dance class goes well for GMK! how did she like going to school more?

Post a Comment