Friday, February 19, 2010

Olympics

Maybe it's the nostalgia of Olympics past (Mary Lou sticking those vaults,) or the crazy events that leave you imagining what it would be like to go so fast or fly so high (downhill racing- hello, scary!) or maybe it's those cheesy human interest stories that make you want to root for the girl who came back against all odds from an injury to win a medal. Whatever it is- I love the Olympics. I love the theme song that starts off with those drums that make you want to march in your living room- OK, maybe just swing your arms. I love the idea of nations from around the world getting together in the spirit of competition. I love rooting for the USA.

The Winter Olympics don't get as much hype as the summer equivalent, but I think it's more fun to watch the winter sports vs. the summer sports. Even if you don't really get all the technicalities of the sport, it's still really entertaining. Take curling- um, what? But fun to watch! Or short track relays- I think a 6 yr-old invented it, it's hysterical!

1 comment:

jwk said...

i heart the olympics as well. i am seriously sleep-deprived, but i agree, the theme music gets me excited too. honestly, i think part of the reason i have fond memories is because we were t.v.-deprived as kids and the Olympics were the only time when we were allowed to watch unlimited t.v. we used to watch as a family. remember when M&D would ask us who we would root for if it came down to korea v. u.s.?

Post a Comment