Tidbits of my life- for those who miss me, know me, want to know me, or all of the above.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Mountain Weekend
Our family just got back from a long weekend in the mountains. We wanted our kids to try skiing and the grownups decided to give snowboarding a try. We stayed at a very family-friendly resort where there were all sorts of programs for kids. #1 loved it and can't wait to try it again. As you can see from the picture, #2 had her reservations.
It got a little hairy with #2 during her 30 minute lesson where she cried the entire time and couldn't wait to get out of the skis. But when she woke up from her nap later the same day, she wanted to try it again. And she was awesome the 2nd time around!
We all went tubing as a family. You can actually take the "magic carpet" ride up to the top of the hill and then there were attendants there pushing or spinning you down. I think it was the best part of the trip for #2 as she kept referring back to it and telling us she wanted to do the "snow thing" again.
As for KCK and my snowboarding experience. Let's just say we're still recovering. I came away with some wicked whiplash and KCK is still having wrist issues. I have to say, though, that it was still a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to trying it again. Lessons are a must! And a helmet... and maybe kneepads... and wristguards... and possibly some extra cushioning for your bottom. KCK both had the lessons and a helmet. We survived, though, with some ibuprofen from the resort sundries store.

4 comments:
Wow, looks so much fun. I would love the kids to learn, but how to do that when I myself can't. ;)
hee hee! love the photo of little A on those little skis! too cute! sounds like a great weekend (minus the owies)!
OMG! LOOK AT #2 IN HER SKIS... love the fam picture!
yes very good and fun
Post a Comment