Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Birthday Parties or....

I asked the girls this year if they wanted to go to Disneyworld or have birthday parties. I was hoping that they'd choose Disneyworld since I'd already booked everything. I'll shamelessly admit that it was really my way of getting out of planning two birthday parties. Anyway, they did in fact choose Disneyworld. We went for a fun-filled week and actually didn't spend all that much time in Disney Parks. Here are some highlights. Legoland: lots of fun rides, even for #2 who was too short for many of the more fun Disney rides.
There was a spot where you could build a Lego car and race it against others' cars. #1 spent a lot of time doing just that.
Seaworld is one of our favorite parks. It's the perfect mix of animals and rides - in my opinion, pure entertainment :) Thanks to a very special aunt who joined us on our trip, the kids got to feed every single animal that you were allowed to feed in the park: sting rays, dolphins, seals, sharks. The kids were a little squeamish at first, but really enjoyed themselves.
Again, more toddler-friendly rides at Seaworld. We spent a lot of the time apart because #1 was tall enough to go on the bigger rides. #2 didn't seem to care, though, as she had her own fun.
If you look closely, you'll see daddy and #1 in the very last row of the flume, all covered up in ponchos so they didn't get wet.
At Magic Kingdom, #2 probably had the most fun meeting princesses and fairies. She was completely enamored and even struck up conversation with them. It was fun to watch. Her big sister, on the other hand, was completely embarrassed to take pictures with the fairies and then skipped the princesses all together. What I thought was bizarre, were the grown women in line sans kids. They would wait along with all the 3 and 4 year old girls to take pictures and get autographs. I saw it time and time again and it never got less weird to me.
Animal Kingdom was also a ton of fun. Again, a good mix of nature and entertainment. There weren't that many toddler-friendly rides, but #2 loved the section where you could pet farm animals. I actually felt sorry for the animals. She's that kid who runs after them saying, "Come back! Where are you going? I need to brush you!" Not very many pictures of #1 because I had the camera and she was busy with daddy riding the "big kid" rides a gazillion times. She was, however, very excited to see a Komodo Dragon in person.
We also had a lot of fun at the hotel pool. Sometimes I think all we need to do is drive 10 minutes and stay at a local hotel with a pool. I think that would be just as much of a vacation for them as flying to Florida.

4 comments:

jwk said...

wow. that looks like it was a FUN trip! maybe i'll use something like that for next year when we go to Disneyland. although, we've already been using Disney as a bribe to get A pottytrained....anyway, funny how much GMK has changed. i remember when she was really into princesses.

Livi said...

What a brilliant idea for a birthday party! I had the privilege of having my birthday at Disney when I was eight and it's my best childhood birthday memory. Your kids are adorable and I saw that you like Lord of the Rings and Jane Austen (I LOVE Jane Austen!) so I think we can be friends. ;) I didn't mean that in a stalker-y way, by the way!

Liz said...

The girls are so big! #2 may be a vet when she grows up...too cute! Disney looks like so much fun :) Love your pics!

Allie said...

Disney soooo much better than a party!!! :) looked like you all had such a blast!

Post a Comment