The girls started at a new school. After having much drama with #1 teacher last year, we decided to make a fresh start for the poor kid at a new school. It is night and day, her attitude towards school compared to last year. Last year, it was a lot of cajoling and tears to get her to school. This year, not a peep about missing school... unless there's snow on the ground! #2 had to switch schools, too, because I wasn't going to do two different drop-offs and pick-ups with a baby in tow. She had a much more issue adjusting because her best friend was not there anymore. Interestingly enough, the one friend she has decided to "pursue" at her new school looks very similar to her best friend from her old school!
Tidbits of my life- for those who miss me, know me, want to know me, or all of the above.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Three
Oh my goodness. Almost a whole year and nothing to show for in this blog. I'm contemplating just shutting it down entirely. I mean, who reads this thing anyway?
However, I do want to preserve some things for posterity. Every once in a while I go back and read what I was thinking 5 years ago and have a ton of fun cringing at myself.
So new things:
We had baby girl #3. She is such a joy and we're all having so much fun with her! She is now 5 months old and just as chunky as my other kids were at this age. So far, she's rolled over a few times but nothing consistent yet. She is quite a chatterbox. Today, she had a long conversation with #1 and then #2 started crying (tears and everything!) that the baby must love #1 more than her because she never talks to her that much!
The girls started at a new school. After having much drama with #1 teacher last year, we decided to make a fresh start for the poor kid at a new school. It is night and day, her attitude towards school compared to last year. Last year, it was a lot of cajoling and tears to get her to school. This year, not a peep about missing school... unless there's snow on the ground! #2 had to switch schools, too, because I wasn't going to do two different drop-offs and pick-ups with a baby in tow. She had a much more issue adjusting because her best friend was not there anymore. Interestingly enough, the one friend she has decided to "pursue" at her new school looks very similar to her best friend from her old school!
The girls started at a new school. After having much drama with #1 teacher last year, we decided to make a fresh start for the poor kid at a new school. It is night and day, her attitude towards school compared to last year. Last year, it was a lot of cajoling and tears to get her to school. This year, not a peep about missing school... unless there's snow on the ground! #2 had to switch schools, too, because I wasn't going to do two different drop-offs and pick-ups with a baby in tow. She had a much more issue adjusting because her best friend was not there anymore. Interestingly enough, the one friend she has decided to "pursue" at her new school looks very similar to her best friend from her old school!
1 comment:
Don't shut it down! :) It's been a while, but I keep checking in once in a while. Glad I did today. Sorry I missed you during our recent trip. Should be back sometime in the summer though. Hope to meet #3. SO glad to hear that school has worked out for G.
Post a Comment