For a week now I've been obsessed with the idea of becoming a cosmetics consultant. I've read the catalog from cover to cover a few times and read almost every word on the website. I know- crazy. But I was either brainwashed really well during an hour-long presentation, or I actually think I could do this and it might be fun and possibly fulfilling. More thoughts on that later... after I actually decide.
Maybe it's my deep-rooted desire to "make something of myself" that's coming out again. It usually happens while I have a 0-3 year old in the house. Life ends up revolving around the kid's schedule, and I think that triggers some sort of rebellion in me. For the past couple years, I was perfectly content staying at home and golfing as much as I want.
Last night, hubs mentioned that I could probably do a version of my old job from home... tempting, sort of- maybe if I hire a nanny.
Today, #1 came home from school telling me that if I got a job, then we'd have more money. I asked her what her point was, and she said, then she could go with her friends to after-school care. And she quickly followed with, "And some of the money would have to go to taxes." She certainly remembers a certain lesson from a while back.
4 comments:
my girls are obsessed with the after-school care as well because they never get to go. let me know what you decide.
so funny that you are in this stage. i had been thinking about going back to work for a long time and decided this fall that if it's meant to be, doors would be opened. suddenly i am free of that angst. but it took 3 kids and 6 years. i'm sure whatever you decide, it will be a good experience.
Funny. I must say I have been content after E turned 3 too. N asks about aftercare too, but it is I who could not handle that part at this point.
Hope the decision will go well, and will pray for contentment in the meantime. Miss you...
Awesome! More power to you, girl! This is exciting hearing from you too...I never get to talk to you anymore :(
Post a Comment