If you don't know what Arbonne is:
Arbonne is a Health and Wellness company that specializes in skincare and nutritional supplements. They carry over 500 products and I haven't tried them all, but the ones I've tried are truly great. Arbonne's motto is Pure, Safe, and Beneficial. I love that. I love that all the products are botanically based, but they use science to make sure the products do what they say they will do. I love that they follow the European Cosmetics Directive's standards for safety (banning over 1300 ingredients- only 13 ingredients are banned in the US). I especially love that I can stay at home with my kids and work just 10-15 hours a week (sometimes more, sometimes less).
I signed up on May 31st, so it's just been a couple months. I'm having a lot of fun, learning a bunch about skincare and nutrition, and being challenged to be more outgoing and open. I'm planning on being successful with this. I feel the eyes of everyone I know on me to see how well I do with this business. And I think I feel more pressure because I want to prove that I can do ANY job and be great at it. I also want my children to see me working hard at something and see me setting goals, meeting them, and contributing financially.
A little about the whole "sales" aspect of it: I consider it my job to inform, not sell. I never want to be that person that people run away from because all I do is try to sell you on products you don't want. I think the products speak for themselves.
And then there's the "network marketing pyramid scheme" thing: I recommend products and services to my friends all of the time. Hairdressers, restaurants, exercise classes, etc. It's pretty much the same concept- I just get paid for it. Almost every organization has a "pyramid" of some sort. You have a boss who gets paid more than you, who benefits from the work that you put in. Or, you have underlings that do a bunch of work that you benefit from. Same idea.
That's all for now!
I need to post about the kids at some point. The other day, #2 was so upset because there weren't as many videos of her as a baby as there were of #1. Uh oh.
No comments:
Post a Comment