Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas

My first Christmas away from Philly was pleasant. Our nieces slept over and we played Bingo. The poor girls got pretty bored on Christmas morning, though, since we slept in and they had nothing to do. We then had a very yummy and fancy lunch made by my sister-in-laws. At night we went to see "Meet the Fokkers." Funny, but not as fresh as the first.

We went to a small church today where it seems that the majority of the congregation leaves the area for the holidays. I was reminded that Christ paid the price for my sins and that it is my sins that put Jesus, God himself, on the cross. It's amazing how my self-centeredness allows me to easily forget why I even attend church.
"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all."

The other day, I was looking at a picture of a family back in Philly. I miss EM- I think she is one of the most cute and charming 1 year olds I've had the pleasure to meet. I miss other people, too, but something about happy babies just puts a smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment