For anyone that participated in Jr. High church youth group with me, he/she would be familiar with "The Name Game." It was an ice breaker game that required everyone to put an adjective in front of our names- good thing we were such an innocent bunch of kids b/c in my jadedness I can think of so many awful adjectives and mean nicknames when trying to come up with a name for the baby.
KCK was all for Isaiah or Ezekiel... Isaiah was actually growing on me, but since the baby is a girl we had to switch gears a little bit. We were having quite a dilemma because I tend to like names that sound nice, but KCK needs a name with a deep/strong meaning. I liked "Josephine" but that turns out to mean "He will add." So that name was quickly rejected by the hubby.
It's settled now. The name we chose means "God is my strength"... or something like that (as you can see, I'm still not sold on naming your child using a dictionary.) It's a pretty name. Though, I really don't like the nickname commonly associated with it- I might have known someone in my past with that nickname. We have a different nickname for the baby if she is so inclined.
If you're dying to know what the name is, give me a call or something :)
AM: you are right. Good sleuthing skills!
1 comment:
Becky!
For the love of Pete...what does "shbock" mean?
Post a Comment