Monday, January 10, 2005

Philly Fun

We spent the weekend in Philadelphia. On Friday night we attended the FONTS benefit concert. It was awesome! It was cool to see young musicians really enjoying themselves while playing at the Kimmel Center with members of the Philadelphia Orchestra. You could see how much they valued the experience. It was also great because it was for a good cause. The Christ Bible Seminary that is being set up in Nagoya, Japan is truly a worthy cause- an investment for eternity. I was really encouraged to see a lot of my friends at the concert, as well. Last year, I felt like it was mostly people my parent's age.
It was great to see my friends at my old church on Sunday. I had such an awesome time of worship... something that's been lacking in my life. And it was fun to catch up with friends and see how big some of the babies have gotten in a month. I got to spend some quality time with EM, my unofficial favorite baby at that church. So cute!!!! Although, I guess if she shunned me like every other baby I know, I wouldn't think so. Yes, my love is so conditional.

House update: The owners of the house countered our offer and we accepted! So, if all goes smoothly, we should close by mid to late February. We want to get some new flooring and re-paint some of the walls before we move in, so we probably won't actually move until mid-March. Thankfully, we got an extension on our current apartment through KCK's company. Pray that everything goes smoothly! Tomorrow is the home inspection. We are also in the midst of selling our old house to my parents. Argh, so much going on!

Baby update: In Philly this past weekend, people kept telling me that I'm barely showing. I think something happened between yesterday and today, because whenever I looked in the mirror today, all I saw was my belly. Maybe it was the shirt I was wearing today?
I started buying baby clothes on sale for next winter. There are some great deals out there, but at this rate I think the baby is going to have more clothes than me and she won't be able to wear all of it. I should stop buying clothes, I know, but I have a soft spot for adorable pink outfits :) As for other baby gear that we're going to need... ugh, there is so much out there I don't know where to begin. Luckily, I got some good advice from a couple women while I was in Philly this weekend. I'm going to have to keep calling them when I have questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment