Monday, July 25, 2005

Giving

Pastor Michael Oh spoke at our church yesterday. I'd actually heard the sermon twice before, but for some reason the Spirit moved this time in a distinct way. God's challenge for me was to let go of my desire for comfort and riches and give more of myself for His kingdom. So tangibly, that would mean giving more financially and... no country club. Michael's sermon was well-received and he said that he got a good response from the congregation. However, there was this one guy who came up to him afterwards and said "Does the guilt-trip thing work for you?" (paraphrased) He obviously didn't "get it"- not even sure he was listening to the whole sermon b/c Pastor M made it clear that he wasn't trying to give a guilt trip. The same guy, by the way, argued with KCK (former college baseball player) at a picnic about what an "infield fly rule" is. I have a feeling this guy doesn't "get" alot of things. Anyway.....

The latest Harry Potter book was great! I have so many questions... I can't wait for the next book to come out. Then again, I will be very sad knowing that it will be the last book in this fantastic series.

No comments:

Post a Comment