Saturday, July 23, 2005

Snootiness

Yesterday, I found out that a woman who lived across the hall from us in our temporary apartment jumped out the window with her 9-month old the day prior. We lived on the 24th floor of the building. I actually never met the family that lived in the apartment, but often heard the baby crying and smelled curry-like spices around dinner time. I think they were Indian. Anyway, it's so sad to hear that women get so isolated after having babies that it comes to this. And part of me wonders if maybe I should have knocked on their door and introduced myself... after all, I was pregnant and I know there is an instant bond of motherhood when it comes to meeting new people. I guess I can't blame myself, but sometimes I do wish I was more outgoing in nature and less self-absorbed (b/c that's what it really is.)

On a lighter note, GMK is really starting to grow out of her 0-3 month clothes... it depends on the brand, but alot of her "onesies" are embarrassingly tight :) So, I think I'll stop embarrassing her and start putting some of them away.

KCK and I are contemplating joining a country club. There is a 35% discount for people under the age of 35... so, it's a "good deal" as far as these things go. However, it's still what it is... a very expensive way to socialize. Will it automatically make us one of those perceived snooty people? Of course, there's the golf- but I think KCK will benefit more from it all than I will. We shall see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment