I'm an official card holder of our local public library. Very exciting, yes. Really, it is... because the library is just down the street (maybe a 15 minute walk) and it was recently renovated, so it's truly a pleasure to visit. I've borrowed 2 books so far. I'm going to be an avid reader and be a good influence on GMK. I recently read somewhere that television is not recommended for babies under age 2. I wonder if inadvertent television-watching counts... like if I'm feeding her and watching TV at the same time. As you can see, so far, I haven't been a very good reading-influence.
We just had a lot of landscaping work done in our yard. It's amazing what 10 men and a lot of loud equipment can do. Our backyard is looking more like a backyard, and our front yard has been cleaned up quite a bit (no more jungle-like tall grasses.) They're not done... there's still a couple large trees they have to haul off. It started thunderstorming yesterday and it looks like they all took off in a hurry, because there's someone's T-shirt draped over a large log in our yard. I'm sure they'll be back after the remnants of 'Katrina' has passed over us because we still owe them $$... and alot of it.
By the way, KCK got through one-eigth of the Anne of Green Gables Sequel (I let him skip the first one) and he fell asleep. It's a lost cause.
1 comment:
Can't believe you got KCK to read Anne of Green Gables. Sooo funny. :)
Post a Comment