Friday, September 02, 2005

The Flip

This morning, after changing her diaper, I left GMK on her back on the floor of her room to go wash my hands. When I came back, she was on her belly. Magic! So far, I've only seen her flip 75% of the way and I'd help her get her completely over. But I can't believe I missed her do it all on her own. Maybe the pressure of me watching and cheering her on gets to her, and she performs better when there's no audience.

Thoughts on Katrina:
I can't believe there are that many thousands of people that didn't evacuate, even when they were told (it wasn't a suggestion) to do so. They compare this to the tsunami trajedy or 9/11? How dare they! First off, they knew this hurricane was coming days in advance. Secondly, mother nature is no terrorist... there's a huge distinction between terrorism and a natural disaster. And what is with the anarchy in the afermath? On the other hand, my heart does go out to those that lost their lives and homes, and are in desperate situations right now. I hope everyone who reads this contributes to some sort of disaster relief organization.

Off to PEI tomorrow. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment