Sunday, September 11, 2005

Vacation Weight

I'm afraid to get on a scale or try on my jeans that barely fit me a week ago. All sense of healthy eating seems to go out the window when on vacation. I must make up for it this week.... just call me "cardio queen."
PEI was nice- a very picturesque place. Did you know that they are known for their potatoes? I guess it's like the Idaho of Canada. I played a full round of golf with KCK on vacation. I still really stink, but I'm definitely getting better at the game. We got my parents into it. It was funny trying to teach my mother- let's just say that she has trouble getting body parts to do what she wants them to do. She's is not without hope, however, as she did get the ball airborn more than a few times.
We went to Green Gables... it was a little disappointing... mostly because once you get there you feel a little silly. After taking a look around, you realize that the Canadians have erected a National Park based on a fictional book, and you actually paid to get inside.

As anticipated, GMK had trouble sleeping a few times while on vacation- mostly due to being distracted by her well-intentioned grandparents. She has progressed in her ability to flip over from her back to belly. Sometimes she goes from her belly to her back, but she can only go in one direction, so she usually runs out of space in her crib. And we now have to watch her carefully, or she'll go rolling all over the floor if we leave her there for more than ten seconds. More than a couple times, she woke up crying in the middle of the night because she had flipped over and couldn't flip back. I'm looking forward to when she is able to flip back and forth every which way, so she doesn't need parental intervention doing so. Although, I'm not ready for her to be mobile yet. I guess I have some time before I have to start baby-proofing, but I am soooooo not ready to do that.

And how about them gas prices? It was not a good week to go on a long road trip to a foreign country. KCK assures me that by next spring, they will be back to normal- something about the National Petroleum Reserve... we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment