I was tagged by my dear friend and ex-roomie, hyunky
One Book....
that changed your life:

The Invisible Man. Changed my "reading" life. It didn't really change me outwardly, but it made me realize that I can read serious books, loaded with symbolism and deeper meanings- and understand what the author is getting at. I should read more serious books.
that you've read more than once:

The 4th Harry Potter book. Because I was bored, stuck in a too-small camper with my family on the way to the Grand Canyon.
you'd want on a deserted island:

The Lord of the Rings Boxset. I'd have to memorize all the characters and then try to learn how to speak elfin.
that made you laugh:

Bridget Jones' Diary. At the time I was single, and could relate very well to Bridget.
that made you cry:

The Kite Runner. Beautifully written.
you wish you had written:

Les Miserables. I'm piggy-backing on hyunky's idea of making a profit off of this book... if Hugo were still alive, just think of how rich he'd be!
that you wish had never been written:

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. Don't get me wrong, it has some great advice in it. But I tend to be a perfectionist about certain things, namely my baby's sleep. Let's just say she hasn't been a "happy child" as of late.
that you're currently reading:

Academy X. About a fictional elite NYC private school.
that you've been meaning to read:

The Chronicles of Narnia. My sister read them as soon as she could possibly read- she recently bought me the collection.
that you haven't been able to get through no matter how many times you've started it: (added this one because i know there are so many of you out there like me)

Desiring God. I'm just not good at non-fiction.
That was fun. I tag: calijunio, yellowinter, and asl
5 comments:
this is a good one. i'll have to think hard about some of them. hmmm... :)
when are you going to sf?
still feeling nasty, but maybe a teentsy(?)-bit better. can't wait to put this stage behind me. :) miss you~
Hahaha! Les Miserables?! - you're not only a perfectionist, but an over-achiever. Thanks for responding to the book tag. I knew you'd come through. : )
i don't know if I can do this now. I haven't read many books and I don't remember! I still didn't do the other one(asian one) that you tagged me. oops. please remind me next year about our anniversary! knowing me, i'll forget it again!
haha...I actually finished Desiring God....it took me 6 months though.
Could you email me your address?
oops, congratulations on yours!
Post a Comment