Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Vail Pics

Very overdue, but better late than never....



In quaint Vail Village- shops range from cheesy shops with 'Vail' logos on every article of clothing in the store- to a couple very posh stores with labels rivaling Sax. Some great restaurants. A big range with eats, too: from high priced eclectic to good old greasy pizza (the best we've had in a while was at Vendetta's.)


View from Vail mountain. I took the gondola up to the top of one of the slopes, and they had a nice little walking loop, a restaurant, sand volleyball courts, and even activities for kids.


Slopes without snow. I ran into another "conference-spouse" on the gondola, so we took each other's pictures. They actually have mountain biking trails down the mountain- I want to try it next time I'm there. It looks like fun- and you don't even have to ride uphill because you take the gondola!


KCK with poker eye-candy (see August 9 post). Yes, he got to sit next to her.... and she called him out on 2 of his bets- he promptly folded both times. Everyone else at the table didn't dare bet while she was there... talk about chicken poop! I bet that's her MO all the time- look pretty, batte the lashes enough, and all the men will fold.

6 comments:

goh said...

PUL-EEZE. You are WAY prettier than the "eye candy" lady. I think she has an odd, tan-in-a-can look--just my opinion. LOVE THE PICS! Looks like you two had a great time!

Beannie's Log said...

Beautiful pictures!! I love your outfit in the first picture....you look so good! I honestly don't think that eye candy girl is that pretty at all...you're much prettier than her! :)

Annibelle said...

Yeah, I agree with the girls... Ms. Brown Betty isn't gorgeous (kinda funny looking - with scary spider hands!) But I guess she's "pretty" in her own way...

[I must reiterate: her hands are really scary looking! They're like the same length as her head!!!]

yellowinter said...

i also had a comment about the eye candy, but i will refrain. plenty of comments are here already. ;)
what's with KCK's puckered-lips look? that's one GMK will get him on later, i say. ;p
btw, you do look HOT! you SO don't look like a mama with a baby. :)

jwk said...

ha ha ha... she's pretty much what i imagined her to be. KCK looks funny in this pick!

jl said...

I'm not a mountain person but vail in summer's beautiful! no comment on eye candy lady. I don't want to be mean.

Post a Comment