I just finished reading a discussion on a blog* on homeschooling vs. public schooling.... not so much the pros and cons, but the fact that everyone is so judgemental about what everyone else is doing. In was written in a Christian context, so if you're going to read it be prepared for some scriptural references. Anyway, it got me thinking about a number of things:
1) I hadn't really thought about homeschooling as a viable option, but it seems as though there are alot of people out there doing it successfully and for good reasons.
2) Wise decisions are different from right/wrong decisions. (ie. it is not wise to go to a bad hairdresser twice vs. it is wrong to steal.)
3) Have I been disobedient to God for the sake of sacrifice? "Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices and much as obeying the voice of the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice...." 1 Samuel 15:22 (I'll explain how this applies to my life at some point)
4) There are alot of moms out there on the internet, some with alot of great stuff to say.
*I don't read this particular blog regularly, don't endorse it, and have nothing against it.
No comments:
Post a Comment