Monday, August 21, 2006

Not 21 Anymore

My friend VP visited this past weekend. Friday night was our "girl's night out." So KCK stayed home with GMK while we went out to dinner and drinks. Thanks hubs. Anyway, we quickly discovered how "out of it" we've become. I remember staying out until 2 am (when the bars closed) and after sleeping in a little bit the next day, I was good to go. This was back in my younger, pre-baby days, of course.

VP and I started our night eating sushi, then went to a hotel bar/lounge for a drink, and then we went to a club at around 11:00. The first things we noticed when we got there were the cliches: the red velvet rope, burly bouncer, girl with a clipboard making sure you're on the list, and the extremely LOUD music. The place started getting packed.... sardine-packed, at around midnight and the music got even louder. VP and I felt like 2 country mice in the big city. I was actually setting her up with another friend, so we stayed put. We ended up staying until a little before 2 and didn't get home until 3. It completely killed the rest of our weekend. I was nonfunctional the next day, and couldn't get up until 11, the day after. The funny thing is that the next day, we realized that the whole night we both only had 2 drinks... and felt like we had really partied it up!

It was fun, but next time, I think I'll stick to the quite hotel bar with the nice soft jazz music in the background.

5 comments:

jwk said...

I know the feeling. I have a funny story along the same lines (going out). Last weekend, we went to a bar playing club music and I ended up getting grinded from behind by some girl wearing an all pleather outfit. SK said I looked like I wanted to die. We left shortly thereafter.

Annibelle said...

HAHAHAHAHA...

They keep telling me you're only as old as you feel. But I assume the following day the pair of you felt like a couple of grannies? j/k

Hmmm... how will you EVER get to the Corinne Bailey Rae concert on Friday? It starts at 9p and probably won't end 'til 12am!

Hope you've recovered.

Beannie's Log said...

I know how you feel! I don't know how I easily stayed up so late in college with no problems! Sigh....

jl said...

I used to stay up to late. Nowadays, I can't stay up at all. Some nights, I don't even make it to nine o'clock.

yellowinter said...

dude, i'm quite impressed that you even THOUGHT to attempt such an adventure. i guess i've always been a granny. yes, a quiet sky lounge with a fancy cocktail with live music sounds perfect.
mmmm.... the day i can have spicy tuna... ;)

Post a Comment