We spent the weekend in NYC. We drove down Friday night after giving GMK a bath, so she slept most of the way, which was nice. But then she wouldn't go back to sleep once we got to my sister's place. She ended up sleeping with us.... which didn't amount to much sleeping at all. Saturday, we ate Korean food at a restaurant called Shila... sooooooo yummy. There is a serious lack of Korean restaurants where I live. It's beyond sad. It's tragic.
In the evening, we had to drive up to Stamford, CT for a birthday party where the median age had to be 50 (the host was turning 40.) I felt so out of place- esp. because I didn't know anyone. I was glad to leave early at around 9pm. Then we stayed in with my sister and watched 'The Sentinel' on DVD. Not that great of a plot, and it was kind of funny seeing Keifer saying 24-esque lines like, "I know this is hard for you, but I need your help." But I'd say it was worth renting because it was atleast entertaining.
Yesterday we went to Redeemer Church in the city. Listening to Tim Keller speak is just so..... GREAT! He spoke about doubt and how Jesus provides the answer to all our doubting questions. I miss having good sermons every week. I know that it's not all about the sermon, but there comes a point where I just want to hear the Gospel... and, sadly, I don't it is preached in all churches every week. It should be. Afterwards, we met up with some friends- one of whom had yet to meet GMK. It's so sad that some of my friends haven't met her yet, because to say that she's become a big part of my life is an understatement. And you like your friends to know what's going on in your life, right?
All in all, it was a good trip. The ride back was painful because GMK barely slept and she was miserable. For some reason, it's always so great to leave NYC. The hustle and bustle just isn't for me. I'm beginning to really love my sleepy neighborhood, where you can hear the birds chirping instead of cars honking.
5 comments:
I know, I love Tim Keller's messages. I wish I can move to NYC just to listen to him every Sunday.
I am little sad and disappointed that some of my friends haven't met ASL yet. I know they are busy and all but still... They don't know what they are missing! Same goes for your friends! GMK is a cutie pie!
i miss tim keller too. although the church we're going to is the SF version of redeemer. and sermons were just so good.
i can't believe someone hasn't met GMK yet. they're missin' out!
glad that i'm one of the lucky ones who got to meet GMK soon after she was born! what an honor~ :)
you know, i must say that you guys are the most mobile and well-traveled parents i know with a little baby. i plan to emulate. ;)
btw, manny and papi were contenders as well for our imaginary dog. manny's too much of a troublemaker, no?
Lucky you! You know how I love NYC!! :)
You guys are great travellers...I feel like such a "home body" for not going on any overnight trips and ruining N's sleep schedule. After our nightmare overnight NY trip with N, I'm scared to go anywhere. Good for you for not letting GMK stop you from having fun!
i think you can order those tim keller sermon cd's online. i've borrowed a few cd's from a friend and i totally agree with you... he is a gifted preacher.
your previous post with your "wild night" out with vp is hilarious. i can't believe you guys ventured to a club - that's a pretty young thing to do, hehe.
looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!
Post a Comment