Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I See You!


I don't think I've mentioned that a few months ago we purchased a new Apple computer. I have always been a PC person just because most applications weren't compatible on a Mac, but I think it's gotten to a point where you can pretty much do anything on a Mac that you can do on a PC. You can even set up your machine to dual-boot with one partition having a Mac OS and the other having Windows... which, I have to admit, got me really excited... but I don't want anyone to think I'm a total geek, so I'll shut up about that now. I also could never stand those super-phanatical Mac people who couldn't stop their apologetic rants about how much better Macs are over PCs. So I'm not going to be one of those people. Macs are cool. So are PCs. But whatever you do, you have to go with the Intel chip. Sorry, geek coming out again.

Our new computer came with a built-in camera and microphone, so you can video-chat with someone with the same setup. So I got to see and talk to KCK last night, all the way from Asia! He hasn't gotten sick or anything, but he did say that there are fleas in his room. We can't escape them. He turned the computer he was using to show me the palm trees, the pool, and the beach. Thanks hubs. I would have shown you the beautiful foliage here, but it was dark outside. In general, he's having a great time of fellowship and experiencing God. I can't wait for him to get home.... I don't enjoy taking the trash out, or walking around in semi-darkness because I don't feel like changing the light bulbs that have gone out. (I like to say that we have traditional husband/wife roles in our household... except, I don't clean, either.) One of the last things KCK told me during our video chat session was that he was getting his head shaved. What!?

6 comments:

Beannie's Log said...

Cool! Yeah, I always hated it when those Mac phanatics acted like they were better than everybody else.....it's just a computer!! :)

Shaved head, huh? Somehow I just can't picture that.

jwk said...

really? shaved head? that seems so un-KCK. and how will that fly in his office?

you are a geek. don't try to hide it.

Allie said...

Uh-Oh! I hope he doesn't shave his head.

That is so cool how you can still see and hear him when he is miles away. Computers are so cool especially when you know how to use one and its gadgets.

vivian said...

what?! shaved heads are ultra cool. i can just picture it now.. kck w/ a cool shaved head and tight polo shirt w/ shorts and ferragamos.

and i'll just have to state the obvious: MACS RULE THE UNIVERSE! YEAH!

yellowinter said...

uhhhh.... no shaved heads, please. yeah, i can't picture that with him. he'll have to don a red sox hat perpetually. ;)

yeah, our household needs both, as c is an apple lover, and me, i'm still stuck on pc. i get a little frustrated trying to figure out where everything is on his beautiful laptop. they are pretty though. we could use the chat when we move back to philly. c's been dying to use his i-sight. :)

jsk said...

Hee, hee! I can understand your excitement about dual booting. Yep, I'm afraid HK is rubbing off on me :).

Post a Comment