
I knew it was going to be one of those days early this morning. I was putting away some of GMK's freshly laundered clothes, when she wandered out of her room. I didn't think much of it because our house is pretty toddler-proof... minus some of the bathroom vanity drawers, but there's nothing dangerous in them. The most she usually does is get into my makeup bag and I find everything on the floor. On one occasion, she was walking around with my eyelash curler pretending to curl her lashes (kids pick up the funniest things.) Anyway, back to this morning. A couple minutes after she toddled out of the room, I checked in the usual places for her... in the guest bath (nope,) in my bedroom playing with the phone (not there,) on the other side of the bed "reading" one of daddy's books (not there either.) Finally, I check the master bathroom. I get there in time to see her with a box of Tampax Pearls in one hand, gingerly placing a tampon in the toilet with her other. "NOOOOOOOOOO!" I tried to grab her before she could put it in the toilet, but I was too slow for her chubby hands. It was then that I peered into the toilet and saw "tampon hill" floating around in the water. She pretty much put the entire box in there. She soooooo knew she was in trouble.
Today was rough. GMK is all stuffed up and, therefore, can't breathe when she sucks her thumb. She sucks her thumb to sleep, so she hasn't been napping too well. This makes for a very cranky and demanding GMK. There's only so many times I can open the fridge for her just so she can stare at the contents inside. And only so many hours of high-pitched screaming (when I refuse to open the refridgerator) I can take. I had to get out of the house a couple times today, just to do something besides chase a toddler around and/or "fetch" things for her. She seems to be relatively content in her car seat when given a spare set of keys or some goldfish crackers. For about 10-15 minutes she's content. Then I have to start the singing.
I couldn't wait until she went to sleep so I could get some peace... but now I'm bored out of my mind. There's nothing on TV, except for the Ryder Cup... I can't seem to watch golf at night. I'm not sure why. (I can't do household chores at night, either.) There's only so many times I can check my email... and no one really sends email on a Friday night, I'm finding. What do I normally do on an evening such as this? Hang out with KCK, usually eating take-out, watching ESPN or something baseball related. The point is, I miss hubs already, and it hasn't even been a full day!
5 comments:
NICE! isn't gmk so cute?!?!?! :D
HAHAHAHA... our little GMK is turning into quite the menace!!! I love it!
Just think of it as ammunition for when she becomes a bratty teen. You can embarass her in front of all her friends:
RBK: Did I ever tell you about the time when G was a baby...
GMK: MOTHER!!!
Muahaha...
[BTW, hope KCK has a safe and productive(?) trip.]
i feel like i could've posted this myself. L is just getting over a cold and wasn't napping well. no nap means mean mommy. :)
sorry i couldn't talk yesterday. GMK has learned the darndest things! she probably learned how to stare at the contents of the fridge by watching KCK or something while he was looking for snacks? ha ha ha.... anyway, i hope GMK is feeling better soon!
i hope she feels better soon too. poor thing. poor you~ :(
Post a Comment