
We were out last Saturday night at a wine-tasting party hosted by one of KCK's work colleagues. Each couple had to bring a bottle of wine under $20, and everyone did a blind rating of all the bottles. It was alot of fun. We brought a Chilean wine (Montes Alpha '03) and it ended up being our favorite without us even knowing it was our wine. It came in 4th (out of 11,) though, so I guess other people didn't think it was all that great. I think some day I'll try to throw my own little party because it was a ton of fun... and it would have been even more fun with people that I actually know.

On the way back to our car in the garage, we shared the elevator with two couples who had been hanging out at a nearby restaurant/bar (the 2 women were holding the little umbrellas from their drinks.) One of the women almost immediately said, "Wow, you look just like that guy in Lost that just got killed off!" We all paused to think about who just got killed off- KCK remembered it first. "Mr. Eko!? I look like the black guy!?" Everyone started cracking up and the woman clarified and said, "No! The bald Asian guy who jumped out the window!" Oh. Good thing we were all still laughing at the Mr. Eko comparison because...... KCK looks NOTHING like the bald Asian guy that killed himself!!!
7 comments:
Too funny! I thought Mr. Ecko too as I was reading your entry...I forgot about the Asian guy. I agree, KCK doesn't look like him at all.....sometimes I hate that when people think that "we all Asians" look alike. So, do you think he's the father of Sun's baby? I hope not!!
wow, sounds like you had a great time. i don't know anything about wines..
want some right now!
HAHAHAHAHAH... I have no idea who you're talking about b/c I haven't watched th show since episode 2 of season 1, but the pic of KCK is HIGH-larious!!!
Oh, I miss our Wednesday Girls' Nights... [sigh]
ahhhhh, the taste of wine... that is one of those things i miss. the first thing i will do as soon as i am allowed, is to bring a bottle of wine to a sushi restaurant and just pig out. ;p
mr. eko and kck, eh? hehe. i see some resemblance there. j/k!
I'm there for your wine tasting party.
ha ha ha Mr. Eko and KCK no way. For that bald asian guy... I told you one of the nurses thought albert looked like him,too. It's the bald head. he doesn't look like that guy. The guy looks creepy. KCK is not creepy looking.
So why did the asian guy kill himself? They didn't mention that in the recaps.
i went to a champagne tasting dinner party this weekend but didn't get to do any of the tasting. boohoo. the hostess was kind enough to buy me a bottle of Martinelli's sparkling apple cider. it was tasty, but not the same.
uh, wish i watched lost... have no idea who any of these folks are.
what is it about the bald that makes people think they all look the same. forget racism.. i say it's baldism. and it's just wrong.
Post a Comment