Monday, January 08, 2007

dog-gy

Nothing new these days. KCK is in Vegas at CES, working... and having some fun, I'm guessing. Yesterday he texted to let me know that he put a buck down on the Eagles. Atleast he's "rooting" for the right team now that his 'boys are out.

GMK has been increasingly attached to a pink stuffed animal dog she received when she was born. The other day, I washed it so it was drying on a rack downstairs. When I put GMK to bed, we went through our usual routine and when it came time to get into her crib, she willingly surrended. However, when she realized that her pink dog was not around, she said with a forlorn voice, "dog-gy!" She immediately sat up and repeated, "doggy, doggy, doggy" until I raced downstairs and back up again with her beloved shaggy dog. When she saw it she exclaimed, "A-ha!" She proceeded to take it, lay down and say, "Nite nite," and then calmly went to sleep. She's become such a character.

7 comments:

jwk said...

sigh. so cute. have you considered getting her a real dog-gy? i have a feeling one of these days, she's going to ask for one...

yellowinter said...

yeah, when i read the subject, i thought maybe you were going to get a real one. now did the doggy develop into becoming her lovey? i got two little stuffed animal/blankie thing as his lovey, but dunno if he'll end up liking it. questions, questions...

RBK said...

no real doggy until she is old enough to help take care of it! and, yellowinter, yes, it developed into her "lovey" as of a few months ago. before that, she just had her thumb.

Annibelle said...

Aw, she must miss Mia... And, yes, she is turning into quite a little character.

Beannie's Log said...

How cute! She's talking so well. I haven't seen her since she was a few months old...she seems like such a character!

Nathan is like that with his stuffed Elmo. Yellowinter, I didn't think boys would be attached to stuffed animals, but N always asks for "Elmo" and "Big Elmo"! You just never know what your baby will become attached to.

Allie said...

That's so cute. When we go up and visit you, we can take a picture of the girls in their pjs with their loveys.

Wow, She really loves dogs...

younghotelier said...

WHAT a Cuttie!
Hey, thank you for a W Gift...really appreciate it. Now I have an alternative one to use !Really wished that you & KC were there. Say hello to KC for me and Silas.

Post a Comment