Monday, March 05, 2007

Kitchenless

They're almost finished taking up the old tile on the floor. There is tile dust everywhere. GMK is miraculously napping through the pounding that is, in all honesty, shaking the entire house. The new cabinets are going to get put in this week- I'm so excited about the cabinets just because the layout will make more functional sense. In total, our contractor says it should take 3-4 weeks. I'm guessing it'll be closer to 4 weeks, than 3.

For the sake of posterity, I'm going to post pictures of the remodel process.

Before:

As you can see, the peninsula was used primarily to store random things. Completely not functional.



Now:

5 comments:

jwk said...

holy moly. what a pain. i can't imagine not having a kitchen for so long. but can't wait to see the finished product! exciting!

Annibelle said...

aw, the stove looks so lonely!

Beannie's Log said...

Wow, can't wait to see the finished product. Must be really difficult not having a kitchen, but I would be happy to not have to cook for a month! But having to wash things in the bathroom sink doesn't sound like fun.

I agree with Annibelle...the pic with the stove all by its lonesome is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

cool. hey, at least you're not doing this yourself like the bathroom, right? hope all is well.

Allie said...

I'm so excited to see the finished product. Hang in there... It'll be so worth it!!

Post a Comment