To Whom it My Concern,
My family is extremely disappointed in the the service United provided in the SFO airport. We have a baby under the age of two, and traveling with a young child is always a stressful experience. In all other instances of traveling with our baby, we have been able to board before general boarding. This has helped us to get settled and out of the way of other passengers. We were dismayed to learn that it is United's policy in SFO to prohibit pre-boarding families with young children.
Not only was this information alarming, but the way in which it was conveyed was equally appalling. The United associates working at the gate were extremely curt and were completely without compassion. Compassion does not have to mean breaking the rules, but maybe showing some polite sympathy.
My hope is that United reverses their anti-family policy and instructs their gate associates to take some lessons on customer service and hospitality.
*edit: Darn it- I had a typo! Argh! It should be "To Whom it May Concern," not "My"
4 comments:
you tell them sister! i hope i'm not treated like that when i go to the airport w/ our little one. i'm glad you wrote them a letter and gave them a piece of your mind!
hopefully there won't be a next time but ask for rude employee's name and id number if it every happens.
didn't realize they changed the policy...
That's a shame...I'll keep that in mind. Not very comforting to hear as we're planning our first family vacation in May to the Bahamas...I've been very nervous about flying with a little one as N has never been on a plane. Anyway, hopefully United will take your concerns seriously.
I had a problem with United, too. At JFK!! I wrote a letter too. Yes, next time you should get that employees name. That is one of my pet peeves. I can't stand bad customer service. :(
United doesn't seem to be family friendly that is a real shame.
Post a Comment