
My title is so dorky- I crack myself up! Anyway, here's an updated picture on the kitchen progress. Tomorrow, the tile/granite people are coming to get started on the floor and draw a template for the countertops.
I have to say, that the process so far hasn't been as bad as I anticipated. I guess it helps that we have a microwave and toaster oven to work with for meals. And our contractor is really nice and "user-friendly." All the subs are just as amiable and they do a pretty good job of keeping things tucked away so that we're not tripping over everything. The big plus about my GC is that someone shows up every day, and even if they can't do much on a particular day, they explain why and map out the next few days for me.
The only things left for us to pick out are cabinet hardware (knobs and pulls,) wall color, and our hanging lights. I'm so indecisive and such a procrastinator- but it must be done! Any ideas for hardware and lights? Or wall color?
8 comments:
Love the dark cabinets! I definitely want that color if we ever move out of our place.
I'm so not the interior decorator as I would love to be, but definitely get silver knobs to match the cabinets. My motto is the simpler the better. Can't wait to see the finished product....so exciting!
nice. i like it when the gc actually includes you on the process of your own kitchen construction!
well, it looks great! but i thought you were going to do beige cabinets!
GORGEOUS!!!!
I LOVE YOUR CABINETS!! So, nice. I love the new lay out. You should go with simple on the knobs. Sleek and Simple. :) Keep us updated!!
Very nice... I'm terrible at choosing knobs. although i don't really like the one M&D have in their kitchen, so don't get those (not that you would).
Oooooo, even a guy has to admire that kitchen. I'm sure hubby is appreciating that it's not entirely feminine.
I like the dark cabinets... has lots of character. Since the cabinets are dark, the wall color should be on the lighter side or you'll have a gloomy feeling kitchen. Subtle contrasts are nice. HOW FUN!!!!
Can't wait to see more pixs!!!
nice! dark wood is in! i'm sure it will feel great to cook in your kitchen again, hopefully soon. aww, i remember your bread puddings... yum!
Post a Comment